Wednesday, September 30, 2009

25

25 is scary. When we used to play house, I always had a husband and about 4 kids by 25. I understand now that that’s unrealistic (I don’t really, but I’m trying to convince myself it is!) Even though I don’t have all the things I thought I would by 25, I still got some good stuff: a sewing machine, coffee table, TV table, and cashmere dress from my parents (plus lots of quarters for laundry), a couple books, a new set of running headphones, and flowers from Jimmy.

clip_image002

Friday night he took me to the Red Sox-Yankees game at Yankee Stadium too. On Saturday night we went to dinner with my best friend, Kelly, and her boyfriend, Trevor, at Max Restaurant in Tribeca. She gave me the most thoughtful gifts: a coral print Vineyard Vines belt (she knows I love coral—see duvet cover with Winston below), Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story, and white cashmere gloves (perfect for walking Winston in the winter—his fur won’t show!) Thanks Kel!

clip_image004

Kelly and I met years ago at tennis clinic on Cape Cod. We actually couldn’t stand each other at first. The boys in the clinics thought it would be funny if they told each of us things the other one said. By the end of that first summer though, we were best friends. I don’t have many close girlfriends so I really value my friendship with Kelly. She’s my needlepointing buddy too! We’re the only girls in our twenties whose favorite thing to do is sit on the beach and needlepoint. I might need her help with my own needlepoint if I keep getting so many orders!

Anyway, on my actual birthday (Monday), my boss got lunch for us and then Jimmy and I went out for sushi. Then it was home in the pouring rain to watch Gossip Girl and finally try to finish the belt I’m working on (2 inches left!)

Poor Winston has been really strange lately—I think it’s because he’s alone a lot and it’s been raining so we haven’t been to the dog park in 3 days. He’s been getting into the trash again and just doing odd things. Two nights ago, he laid down on a pile of Jimmy’s shoes.

clip_image006

His paw made it into one of the Cole Haans (at least he has good taste!)

clip_image007

So I reluctantly took the order form off the website yesterday, for several reasons:

1. I can’t keep up and don’t think it’s fair to make people wait months for belts

2. It’s a little crazy right now between training for a 10K next month, exercising Winston and work, I feel really tied down and guilty if I’m doing anything but needlepointing

3. I’d like to start working on some new projects (keychains, coasters, etc)

clip_image009

4. All my family and friends want needlepoint, either for themselves as Christmas presents or to give to others, and I haven’t had time to make anything for them in about a year

I’ll probably put the order form back up in about a month and hopefully at that point will also add a key fob order form and coaster form. The belt feedback lately has been great and I’d like to also add a testimonials page as well.

Thanks for hanging in there! There are bigger and better things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment