Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fingers

The weekend was pretty quiet. Stitched as much as I could, but my fingers are so raw! I keep poking the same spots—any suggestions? I can’t grip the canvas right with a thimble and I end up stitching bandaids into my needlepoint. I tried super glue but my mom said it was probably poisoning me. The liquid bandage (New Skin) worked pretty well at first but it didn’t stop me from poking right through it and quickly peeled off (plus the smell started to make me a little woozie). So now I’m at work with bandaids on 4 fingers and it’s really embarrassing when people ask me what happened.

clip_image002

A few months ago I had to go to an orthopedist because I was needlepointing so much I pulled a tendon in my elbow. In fact, it was after another freak accident that I learned to needlepoint…

I was playing tetherball with some neighborhood friends when we were living in South Florida. I jumped backwards to hit the ball and landed on a support stake for a tree. It went right through my foot, pretty much ending my summer activities. But my mom bought me a belt canvas and the rest is history.

Here’s my first belt…

clip_image004

clip_image006

Hard to believe that was about 60 belts ago…

I’ll leave you with my crazy dog.

clip_image008

No comments:

Post a Comment