Friday, September 4, 2009

Cape Cod

I’m finishing up at work and heading out to the Cape! I haven’t spent much time there this summer and my whole family will be there this weekend. It’s my favorite place in the world. I can’t wait to take a shower outside, run to the ocean, see my family and best friend Kelly, watch Winston run around the backyard, and needlepoint! (My fingers are a lot better!) The only thing I don’t like about going out to the Cape is going out there. It’s a really long drive. Without traffic it takes about 4 and a half hours, but I hit traffic every time, so it’s usually between 5 and a half and 6 and a half hours. Long time in a little car with a big dog. I’m usually really happy for the first hour or two because I never get to drive and it’s fun to put on some music and put the top down. It gets old fast though when you’re sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic across the entire state of Connecticut. Totally worth it when I pull in the driveway though!

CIMG3083

I love this house. It’s my favorite house we’ve ever lived in (and we’ve lived in a lot of houses). The porch is my favorite.

CIMG3072

CIMG3071

Before I know it I’ll be sitting out there watching the Red Sox and needlepointing! With this guy of course…

CIMG3020

No comments:

Post a Comment