Monday, September 21, 2009

Cigars, Sinatra, and CSI

Labor Day on the Cape was great. Winston had a great time playing outside and loved the cool weather. We watched the Red Sox, played Backgammon, went out for lobster, and both my dad and I finished Prince of Tides. clip_image002

We also had beautiful tomatoes from my boss’ backyard garden on Long Island!

clip_image004

This past weekend was even better though. My parents came to the city for the first time in over a year. They saw my new apartment and helped me do a little decorating. We turned the weekend into an early 25th birthday celebration, going to PJ Clarke’s for burgers, cigars at Club Macanudo, pasta (and more cigars) at Florio’s, and drinks and music (and more cigars!) at the Carnegie Club.

clip_image006

clip_image008

Saturday nights at the Carnegie Club are “Sinatra Saturdays,” which ended up being the highlight of the weekend for me. On Saturday afternoon, we spent about an hour at the dog park and they got to meet all of Winston’s friends. We bought some apartment furniture and even found a Crime Scene Investigator shirt for my little brother.

We had a great time and I was sad to see them go back to Raleigh on Sunday. Back to my routine!

(Winston was sad to see grandma and grandpa go too!)

clip_image002[5]

No comments:

Post a Comment